Last week, I asked my readers: “What would your ideal assistant services look like?” Based on your answers, I have established the following ideal scenario, which you can use to determine how to choose the right assistant services for your email marketing campaign.
The ideal assistant services for your email marketing campaign will be a combination of the following:
- A talented marketer who is familiar with email marketing best practices;
- A dedicated research analyst who can mine high-quality data and provide you with insightful reports;
- An inbound expert who can help you develop the right digital marketing strategy and bring it to life using digital marketing tactics.
- An operations expert who has experience working with large transactional mailers like FedEx and DHL.
- An Account Manager who can help you navigate the intricacies of the digital marketing platform you have chosen.
- A friendly, responsive customer care team; and
- Flexibility to work with.
Having clear objectives and parameters will help you determine how much you are willing to pay for these services, as well as what you need in order to reach those objectives. But first, let’s discuss why you need an assistant services for your email marketing campaign.
Why Do You Need an Assistant Services for Your Email Marketing Campaign?
As a marketer, you are undoubtedly familiar with the numerous benefits of email marketing.
The most obvious benefit is generating leads. According to HubSpot’s research, 69% of consumers prefer to receive marketing emails, and 68% of that group opened the emails, clicked on links, or conducted some other form of engagement. Additionally, HubSpot found that consumers prefer emails about products they have an interest in, which means your target audience is most likely to benefit from your email marketing efforts.
Another significant benefit of email marketing is storing and accessing data. With email marketing, you can measure the success of your campaign by looking at the opening, click-through, and conversion rates of each email. This makes it possible to track the results of your campaign, and determine how much each strategy contributed. For example, if you found that send an email to new subscribers and cold fans did not result in a significant increase in sales, you can surmise that your next step should be to concentrate on gaining more subscribers.
How to Choose the Right Assistant Service for Your Email Marketing Campaign
After you have determined that you need an assistant services for your email marketing campaign, the next step is to determine which type of assistant services you need. Based on your answers to the previous question, you can choose between the following:
- A dedicated research analyst who can conduct in-depth research on your behalf, analyzing traffic, leads, and conversion rates;
- A talented marketer who is familiar with email marketing best practices and can conduct research on demand;
- A dedicated social media strategist who can develop and execute a social media strategy for your brand; or
- A full-blown digital marketing agency that can take care of everything for you, from strategy to execution.
Each of these options has its benefits, so think about what you need and want. If you need someone to help you run your email marketing campaign, you can choose between a marketing agency and a dedicated research analyst. However, if you want to choose a dedicated research analyst, you should consider using a tool like Outbrain, to segment your target audience and determine which one you should focus on.
Once you have decided what type of assistant services you need, the next step is to determine how much you are willing to spend on these services. Again, based on your answers to the previous question, this will be slightly different for each option. But for the sake of argument, let’s say you decide that you need a dedicated research analyst to help you, but you do not want to spend more than $75,000 a year on these services.
How to Choose the Right Assistant Service for Your Email Marketing Campaign: The Three-Step Process
Based on your answers to the previous two questions, you will be able to choose the right assistant service for your email marketing campaign. But before you make your decision, you should follow a three-step process:
- Determine your budget;
- Set your target audience and desired results; and
- Choose the right tool.
As a marketer, you most likely have a budget in mind, and this is a common concern with every business. But what is your budget for? You should not choose an assistant service that has a high price tag just because their package seems to offer the most features. Instead, you should choose an assistant service that fits within your budget, and that can help you achieve your desired results.
How to Choose the Right Tool
In the previous question, we established a target audience and desired results for our email marketing campaign. But in order to reach those results, we need to have the right tool. And before you make your decision, you should consider the following:
- What is the size of your email list?
- Is email marketing a part of your digital marketing strategy?
- Do you want to send personalized emails or mass emails?
- Do you want to have a completely automated system or do you want to handle the workflow yourself?
- Do you want to use a tool that is free or one that costs money?
- Do you want to use a tool that is lightweight, or one that is more of a full-fledged digital marketing platform?
Once you have decided on the type of tool you need, the next step is to choose the one that is the best suited for your needs. There are numerous tools that can help you send emails, but not all of them are made equal. If you are a beginner, it is best to choose a tool that is easy to use and has a simplified UI.
For example, WordPress is a free tool that is owned by Yahoo! and is extremely popular among bloggers and content creators. But if you are looking for something more robust that can help you plan, build, and manage your email marketing campaigns along with other types of online marketing activities, then move over to HubSpot, where you will find a robust marketing platform, along with a team of experts who can help you use it.
Choosing The Right Assistant Services For Your Email Marketing Campaign Can Be Tricky
As a business owner or marketer who is looking to hire an assistant services for your email marketing campaign, the choice can be tricky. But once you follow the three-step process discussed above, you will be able to choose the right assistant services for your needs. And although it may seem like an obvious decision at the end, the path to getting there was not obvious at all.