Have you ever heard of AWeber?
Chances are you have. AWeber is one of the most popular email marketing platforms, as well as a powerful all-in-one (AIO) marketing suite. With more than 1.7 million active subscribers and hundreds of thousands of sellers using the platform every month, it’s clear that AWeber can help businesses of all sizes and shapes to connect with their audiences.
Why Should You Open an AWeber Account?
There are many benefits to having an AWeber account, some of which include:
- Throwing a party? You can use the Events feature to create an event page where attendees can register and receive details about your party.
- Looking to promote a new product or service? You can use the Templates feature to quickly create an attractive, eye-catching template that can be branded with your logo and details about your product or service.
- Tired of sending out dozens of text messages to your subscribers? With AWeber you can create automated email campaigns that can be triggered by incoming events, order confirmations, and customer feedback.
- Want to know what’s hot and what’s trending? You can use the Trends feature to follow popular hashtags and keywords, as well as create custom searches that will pull in the content that you’re interested in.
- Do you sell online? You can use the Shopify integration to link your Shopify account to your AWeber account, and quickly create a store front with a product page, social media accounts, and email marketing.
- Leveraging the powerful automation that comes with the AWeber platform? You can use the Email Campaigns feature to create a series of automated emails, or you can opt for a more traditional approach, sending out a mass email to your subscribers.
- Want to connect with your customers on a more personal level? You can use the Profile feature to create a small slice of personal content, such as an inspirational quote, funny story, or heartfelt message.
- Hiring a virtual assistant to handle all your digital marketing tasks? You can use the Admin console to assign tasks, monitor results, and keep track of time spent working on various projects.
- An AWeber account also gives you access to hundreds of helpful resources, including instructional videos, email templates, and more.
- Perhaps most importantly, having an AWeber account opens up a world of possibilities when it comes to marketing your business.
- An image of your logo or a symbol that represents your brand (i.e. a birdhouse, sun, computer, etc.)
- The company name and website URL
- Social media icons (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Some text describing your business
- A short bio about yourself
- Products or services you offer (e.g. an indie design studio, product review site, etc.)
- An FAQ section
- A contact form with your email address
- A shoutout to any relevant blogs or websites
- A section for referrals, with a small blurb about your company and a contact form with your email address
- A blog archive of previous content (if applicable)
- Your overall goal/mission for the company
- A curated list of your top-performing blog posts
- Awards, accolades, or achievements
- A short video introducing yourself
- Custom menus for blog posts or other content types (e.g. services, blog posts, products)
- An events section. This is something we’ll discuss in more detail below.
- Signature widgets for blog posts or other content types (e.g. services, blog posts, products)
- An affiliate tracking widget. You can use this to track the commissions you’re earning from your affiliate sales (if applicable)
- If you sell your own products, you can use the Shopify integration to quickly create a store front, product page, and send out a variety of emails to your customers.
- Or, if you prefer a more traditional approach, you can use the Email Campaigns feature to create a series of automated emails, or you can opt for a mass email to your subscribers.
- You can use the Profile feature to create a small slice of personal content, such as an inspirational quote, funny story, or heartfelt message.
- Have a look at the example account page below. You can get a good sense of the information that should be included in your business account page, and the various elements you can use to brand it.
In the next section, you’ll learn the steps necessary to set up your AWeber account and begin using the powerful email marketing tool to grow your business. Let’s get started.
How Do I Create a Business Account On AWeber?
Logging in to your AWeber account is the first step to creating a business account. To get started, click the button in the upper-right corner of the screen, which will redirect you to the main dashboard.
Here you’ll find all the basic information you need to create a professional-looking account page, as well as brand your email with a memorable domain name.
In the space below, you can post a welcome message for your new subscribers, and you can also add a link to your website or social media channels.
To establish yourself as an expert within your industry, you can create a blog for your business, and use the platform to grow your audience, attract potential customers, and engage with current subscribers. Alternatively, you can start a podcast and use the platform to grow an audience, gain exposure, and build credibility.
What Should I Include In My Business Account Page?
The main account dashboard on AWeber is a place for you to establish yourself as an expert in your industry, and a place that you can use to communicate with your audience.
On this page you’ll want to include the following elements:
Once you’ve got your account set up, you can begin using AWeber to grow your business. In the next section we’ll explore how to use the tool to better engage with your audience and grow your business.
What Is The Events Section On My Business Account?
The Events section on your business account is a place where you can create and manage events related to your industry.
An event is basically a combination of a meeting and a celebration. With events, you can create a space where your audience can come together to learn about new developments, make contacts, and establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
To create an event, click the Events link at the top of the main dashboard, or from the main dashboard, click the button in the menu bar which will take you to the events page.
Here you’ll find a calendar where you can view all your upcoming events, and you can also search for specific dates, or use the filters at the top of the page to find the type of event you’re looking for.
You can add an event by simply clicking the Add New Event button at the top of the page, or from the main dashboard, click the button located next to the search bar to add a new event.
Along with creating the event, you’ll want to fill out the details related to the gathering. Choose a date and time for your event, and provide the location (address, city, state, country).
You can also add a description of your event, as well as a short bio about yourself, or a profile for the day if you’re speaking.
Along with the event information, you can upload a logo for your event, provide a website URL for more information, and add social media links to your account.
Once you’ve added all the required information, you can save the event, and from then on it will appear on your account dashboard, along with any other events you’ve created. You can edit an event at any time, by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the date field.