Are you looking for a way to keep your email contacts up-to-date but don’t have the time to manage a mailing list? Learn how you can create a free mailing list in 4 easy steps so you can stay in touch with your friends and family without having to worry about spam complaints!
The first step at creating a home email list is to determine its purpose. Do you want to use it to stay in touch with friends and family members? Do you expect to receive a lot of emails from people you don’t know?
Before you begin, consider the kind of content you’ll include in your email updates. Are you going to use it for fun? Perhaps you want to share the newest news article with your friends. Or maybe you’d like to tell them about an upcoming event or some fantastic sales offer.
Whatever the case may be, you need to decide what you’ll include in your email updates and how often you’ll send them out. Will monthly email updates suffice? Or would you rather do it every two weeks?
Now that you have your purpose in mind, you can move on to the next step – building your list. The best way to do this is to sign up for a free account on one of the following websites:
- AWeber – The #1 choice of bloggers and marketers. Over 3 million monthly active users with a free account.
- ActiveCampaign – Great for connecting with potential customers. They offer a free version with limited features or you can upgrade to the premium account for as low as $2 per month.
- MailChimp – A tried and tested email marketing platform. The free account allows you to send up to 100 emails a month to up to 50,000 subscribers.
- ConvertKit – Another popular email marketing platform with over 250,000 monthly active users. They offer a free version with limited features or you can upgrade to the premium account for as little as $2 per month.
- SendGrid – A reliable, highly-rated email delivery platform that can handle any amount of email sending. The free account allows you to send 50,000 emails per month to up to 50,000 subscribers.
- Hootsuite – One of the biggest social media platforms with the ability to send email updates to a large audience. The free account offers limited features or you can upgrade to the premium account for as little as $2 per month.
When signing up for a free account, you’ll need to give the website your email address and a password. You can then use this login to begin building up your email list. Don’t worry – we’ll walk you through the whole process step-by-step so you can create a list as easily as possible.
The third step is to choose a name for your email list. This is important because you’ll be sending out regular updates about your blog so it’s crucial that you add the necessary credibility to the list. Otherwise, you might start receiving spam complaints from frustrated subscribers who thought they were signing up for a newsletter about a fashion blog.
So, make sure you choose a memorable name that doesn’t appear to be a made-up word or abbreviation. You can choose a name that is relevant to your content or that will catch the attention of your audience. For example, if you’re an actor and you’ve been featured in a lot of television shows, you might want to create an email list for fans of your work. Or if you’re a fashion blogger and you have a lot of fashion-related content, you could create an email list for fashion fans.
Once you’ve chosen a name for your email list, you can move on to the final step.
The last step is to decide how you’ll handle email communications with your list members. Do you want to use a tool like AWeber or MailChimp to send out your emails? Or will you manually send out each update?
If you decide to use a tool to send out your email updates, make sure you read the help files to get familiar with the platform. Some tools like AWeber have a lot of features and it can be a little overwhelming if you’re not used to working with email marketing. MailChimp is much simpler to use but if you’re looking for advanced features, you might want to consider a tool that offers more versatility.
One of the best things about creating a home email list is that you have the opportunity to build a relationship with your audience. You can send out consistent, valuable content that is relevant to your niche and that will keep your subscribers engaged. If you want to create a successful email list, you have to provide value first and foremost.