Email marketing is one of the most effective ways of communicating with customers. Not only does it allow you to stay in touch with your audience, but it also provides you with the opportunity to encourage them to take action and make purchases. However, it requires a significant investment in both money and time to set up and run a successful email marketing campaign. That’s why many businesses choose to forego the power of email marketing and opt for other methods of direct marketing such as phone calls or physical mailings.
But while email marketing may not be for every business, it’s an essential tool for almost all industries. That makes it even more essential for businesses to find ways of using it effectively without having to break the bank.
Which is why we’re so glad that we found such an inexpensive and easy way to enable any business or organization to carry out an email marketing campaign — even if they have limited funds. The answer is G Suite, a fully featured email marketing tool for businesses that want to stay in touch with customers. Let’s take a closer look at how G Suite can be used for email marketing and what steps you need to take to get started.
Why Should Businesses Use Email Marketing?
The most important thing to consider when choosing email marketing for your organization is the demographics you’re trying to target. It’s vital to choose tools that will reach the largest audience possible since email marketing is one of the most effective ways of communicating with customers. This is why most businesses choose to use platforms like G Suite that offer a free account to users.
But even then, businesses must decide how much they’re willing to spend on email marketing per month. You don’t want to invest in a product that you’ll only use for a couple of emails, do you? It’s also important to consider the content you’ll be sending out. Do you want to use your own pictures or stock images? How about using a service like Canva to find the perfect photo for your campaign?
We all love a good infographic, and they’re the perfect way to convey complex information to the average person in an engaging and fun way. If you have an important point to make but don’t have the time to write an entire blog post, try creating an infographic that will stand out and provoke thoughts and comments.
How Do I Use G Suite for Email Marketing?
So you’ve decided that email marketing is the way to go for your business. How do you intend on using G Suite for this task? There are a few different ways to implement an email marketing campaign within G Suite, but all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Google account.
- Click on the G Suite icon (the one that looks like a padlock) at the top of the screen.
- From the dropdown that appears, choose Email Marketing. You can also search for specific email marketing topics (such as “marketing tips for realtors” or “email marketing examples for 2017”) to find the information you need without having to navigate through every menu option.
- Click Get Started. Alternatively, you can click on Create a Plan to get to the next step.
- Enter a name for your new campaign (this will be the email address that all your emails will be directed to).
- Choose a template.
- Add your email addresses (this is where you will be sending the email messages from).
- Click Save. You’re all set!
As you can see, all you need to do is follow these simple steps to get started with email marketing in G Suite. But of course, you must remember that this is just the beginning. You need to continue to add value to the conversation by providing useful information that your audience will find valuable. At the end of the day, you want to be promoting products that you believe in, and you want to be doing so from a place of trust. Don’t rush into using low-quality affiliate products or overly promoted items. This will inevitably damage your reputation and make you lose a great deal of credibility with your audience.
Additional Email Marketing Tips From G Suite
Now that you have a general idea of how to use G Suite for email marketing, it’s time for some additional tips. Keep in mind that these are just that – tips. Your results may vary:
- To get the best possible conversion, you may want to try using different templates depending on the device your audience is viewing the email on (e.g., a blog post or a small business website vs. a product pitch email).
- Vary the size and shape of the images you use in your emails (square vs. oval images work best for certain email marketing campaigns).
- To keep your customers engaged, you can use various funnels and triggers that will encourage them to check back for more information.
- To create more trust and authenticity, you can find creative ways to include yourself (e.g., by adding an attachment or sharing a story connected to the topic of the email).
- To encourage customers to take action, you can use unique forms of content (e.g., infographics, podcasts or webinars) combined with email marketing to create powerful marketing material.
- To get the most out of your internet marketing, you can use tools like Google Analytics to track the results of your efforts and identify the most effective strategies for growing your business.
- To create more value, you can use different methods of marketing (e.g., SEO, content marketing or social media) to reach different groups of people who may be interested in your product or service.
There are so many different ways to use email marketing to grow and sustain your business. The important thing is that you find the one that works best for your organization and sticks with it.