- Create a Lead Magnet (something free) that will draw people in and keep them engaged. Use social media to engage with your audience and build rapport.
- Measure the right things (e.g.: Open Rates, Click-Throughs) to know which strategy is most effective.
- Personalise your emails in order to gain a better chance at converting your audience. Use relevant images, language, and offers that will engage your subscribers.
- Automate email campaigns with sophisticated software like HubSpot or MailChimp so that you can scale and monitor the performance of your marketing funnel.
When it comes to attracting potential customers to your brand, there are plenty of tactics you can try. However, if you want to go the extra mile and ensure your efforts pay off, you should consider trying email marketing. With this strategy, you can reach out to your audience with automated emails, which often results in higher open rates and click-through rates. Plus, you can measure the effectiveness of your campaigns through lead generation and marketing analytics tools. What’s not to love?
Why should you try email marketing?
- It’s growing. Experienced marketers estimate that around 50% of marketing budgets will be spent on email marketing in the next few years.
- It’s free. You can set up email campaigns in no time with the right online tools.
- It works. Research has shown that each email sent out to a customer boosts the chance of that person visiting your website or making a purchase. For instance, if you send out an email once a week and your open rate is 10%, you’ll quadruple your sales in comparison to a campaign that scores 4%.
- It’s measurable. With email marketing, you can measure almost every aspect of your campaign’s success. From the number of subscribers to the impact of your offers and the value of your lead magnet, everything can and should be tracked.
- It’s flexible. Being able to measure the success of your campaigns means you can optimise and refine your strategy as you go.
How can email marketing help you promote your image?
As mentioned above, the success of your email marketing campaign largely depends on how well you can quantify and optimise your strategy. With this in mind, you can use the following tactics to bring in more leads, generate more sales, and ultimately promote your image:
The Lead Magnet (freebie) (something valuable) (e.g.: Ebook, PDF, List of Services, etc.)
A lead magnet is something worth giving away for free that will attract potential customers to your brand. The best lead magnets are those that are heavily valued by your target audience. For example, if you’re trying to market your fashion stylings to millennials, you might want to consider giving them a free PDF report on the state of the industry to complement your website. In this case, your lead magnet could be a 20-page report that details how influencers and celebrities are disrupting the industry of fashion.
Email Sequences (e.g.: “Here’s what you need to know about X…”)
With email marketing, you can schedule when your customers will receive your emails. For example, you can send out an email with a summary of the previous week’s news or a guide to help your customers during the onboarding process. As a rule of thumb, segmenting your email list and sending out tailored messages to your subscribers is one of the most effective ways of increasing your open rates.
Conversational Design (e.g.: “Hello there…”, “Hope you’re doing well…”)
Whether it’s a welcome email or a follow-up reminder, the design of your message can influence the success of your campaign. When designing your messaging, keep in mind that your audience is largely made up of busy adults who have a lot on their plates. Therefore, you need to design your emails so that they’re short and to the point but also interesting enough to pique your subscriber’s curiosity. For example, if you’re sending out a welcome email, you might want to start by saying something like:
“Hi there! Thanks for signing up. To get started, please find attached a few helpful tips on how to take better care of yourself.”
Then, you can include a short but helpful tutorial on the website on how to use the product or service you’re promoting.
How can you ensure the success of your email marketing campaign?
The key to a successful email marketing campaign is to plan everything out carefully and then to follow up on every step of the way. Begin by establishing metrics to determine whether your campaigns are going as planned. Then, track the performance of your different campaigns over time and make adjustments as needed. Finally, analyse the data you collect and consider what you’ve learned along the way to improve your strategy for the future.