The NHL Global Market Coordinator job is a great option for those who want to work in sports marketing, but don’t have the portfolio to back it up. If you have a love for hockey, this is a chance for you to prove it. You will be working with a team of marketing coordinators at the National Hockey League to plan and execute various marketing strategies across all platforms (digital and traditional), as well as implement analytics to enhance performance. You will receive an extensive training program, as well as a support network that will aid you in taking on the role. You will work closely with other marketing and communications teams at the league to create compelling content that will engage audiences and drive business.
A good marketing coordinator should possess the following qualities:
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve performance
- Communicative – able to listen and understand customer needs and wants, and to present these in a way that is easy to understand
- A good amount of social media marketing experience, and the ability to effectively use various platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Analytical – be able to gather data and find insights that can help make informed decisions
- Attention to detail – Pay close attention to the little things, and you will have a much better understanding of what is important
- Collaborative – open to new ideas and able to work with others to achieve common goals
- Results driven – be prepared to show how your actions contribute to positive corporate and social outcomes
- Effective leader – able to take charge yet remain approachable
- Adaptable – flexible enough to tackle a variety of tasks and be successful in doing so
As a marketing coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic planning – Identify and analyze marketing issues faced by the organization, as well as opportunities for growth
- Product development – Designing, selecting, and implementing product(s) that can generate revenue
- Business intelligence – Collecting and analyzing data to gain a better understanding of current and potential customers, competitors, and the marketplace
- Marketing research – Identifying trends and analyzing data to understand and predict customer behavior
- Planning and implementing campaigns – Developing and executing a marketing plan to achieve specific business objectives and sales targets
- Analytics – Using statistical methods to investigate marketing problems, as well as to plan and analyze campaigns and initiatives
- Reporting – Generation of clear and concise reports for management, as well as analysis of marketing activity and performance
- Project management – Ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest standards
- Documentation –Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all activities, including marketing plans, proposals, and presentations
- Skills and qualities – Identify and develop the skills and qualities required to perform the job successfully.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Tell them you heard about the job from [Name], and include relevant professional experience. You should also note that you are interested in applying for the NHL Global Market Coordinator role, and not any other position within the organization. This is a high-profile position with a lot of responsibility, and you should make sure that you are ready for it.
Salary And Commencement
The salary for this position will vary based on experience, but you can expect to earn at least $50,000 per year, plus performance-based bonuses.
You will be able to continue your education by participating in professional development programs, as well as obtaining a Graduate Certificate in Marketing from Athlone Institute of Technology. This will be worth around $5,000, and you will be able to utilize the skills you learn to increase your marketability and compensation in the role.
How to Apply
Once you are successful in gaining approval for your application, you will be notified of next steps. At this point, you can expect to start the training program. You will be provided with a mentor to help you get to know the ins and outs of the job, and to aid you in taking on the role. Make sure you utilize this support network, as well as take advantage of the vast resources available to you at the NHL.