Email marketing is a method of getting messages out to people via email. The concept is very simple – you, as the marketer, decide who you want to reach, and you build a list of email addresses for that purpose. Then, you send out marketing emails to the listed addresses.
However, while the concept is very simple, email marketing for seniors is a little more complex. You need to take into consideration a number of different factors before you can start building your list of email addresses. Here, we will discuss the fundamentals of effective email marketing for seniors so you can get started right away.
The Demographics Of The Senior Market
One of the first things you need to do before you start email marketing for seniors is to determine exactly who your audience is. You do this by performing internet searches to see what people are searching for regarding your topic. For example, if you are emailing marketing to seniors and you want to target those looking for health information, you would enter “senior health” into the search bar.
This will bring up a list of blog articles and other content that is relevant to seniors and their health. Now, you can choose to go through the blog articles one by one and read the ones that are most relevant to you. However, it is usually simpler and more effective to simply scroll through the list and look for the most appealing or interesting topics. Once you choose a topic, you can then move onto the next step.
Building A List Of Email Addresses
The next step is to build a list of email addresses for your target audience. You can do this by performing searches on a number of different platforms to see which one generates the most interest for your target audience. For example, if you are emailing marketing to seniors and you want to target those who are interested in buying health insurance, you would enter “senior health insurance” into the search bar. This will bring up a number of different platforms where you can get information on senior health insurance.
On the web, you will find a variety of different tools that can help you build a list of email addresses. Some of the most popular ones are:
- MailChimp (free)
- AWeber (free)
- LeadSquid (free)
- GetResponse (free)
- Hootsuite (free)
- ConvertKit (free)
- Wishpond (free)
- HubSpot (free)
- InboxDollars (free)
If you decide to go with a free option, be sure to follow the rules and restrictions that come with it. Otherwise, you will end up with a huge spam problem.
Choosing The Right Email Marketing Platform
Once you have a list of email addresses, you can start creating campaigns on your favorite email marketing platform. You need to make sure that you choose the right platform for your needs and that you read reviews so you know what other people say about it. Below, we will discuss a couple of the most popular email marketing platforms that you can use to create and send out your emails.
- MailChimp ((free))
- AWeber ((free))
- GetResponse ((free))
- Hootsuite ((free))
- ConvertKit ((free))
- Wishpond ((free))
- HubSpot ((free))
- InboxDollars ((free))
Why Should You Use MailChimp?
MailChimp is one of the most popular platforms for email marketing. With over 500 million active users a month, you can be sure that there is plenty of interest in this platform. It is designed to make it easy for anyone to get started and it comes with a variety of features that can make your life easier as a marketer. Here are just a few of the features that make MailChimp so useful for email marketing:
- Segmenting Your Audience – You can use the “A-Z” option to sort your subscribers into different groups by the letter they have entered into the email box. This way, you can send out different messages and offers to each group.
- Broadcasting – You can use this feature to send the same message to multiple lists. For example, you can use a “Save the Date” email to notify your subscribers that they have been added to a mailing list.
- Automation – With email automation, you can set different messages to be sent out at different times. You can also set different activities to be carried out based on the interactions made by previous emails.
- Single-User Authentication – To keep your list safe from spam, you can require authentication from anyone who wants to sign up for your email list. This means that when a new subscriber tries to sign up, they will have to provide a valid email address and, optionally, a password.
- Fully Customizable – One of the great things about MailChimp is that it is very easy to tweak the appearance and functionality of your email template. With the “Drag and Drop” feature, you can move elements like header images and text around to fit your needs. You can also use the platform’s “WYSIWYG” editor to create a customized email that looks exactly like you designed it!
Why Should You Use AWeber?
AWeber is another popular email marketing platform. It was designed to make it easy for anyone to get started and has a very simple interface. It is intended for “relationships, not marketing” and doesn’t come with many bells and whistles like other platforms do. However, what it lacks in features, it makes up for in customization and user-friendliness. Here are just a few reasons why you might want to try AWeber for your email marketing needs: