Do you ever wonder how real estate and email marketing websites know so much about you? Maybe you’re curious as to how a simple email campaign could grow your list so much. Or, perhaps you’re looking for a way to engage your audience through content on your blog. Regardless of your current situation, you’ve probably considered trying influencer marketing to grow your email list. But what is influencer marketing, and how can you use it to grow your email list? Let’s take a quick look.
What is Influencer Marketing?
Put yourself in the shoes of a real estate or email marketing agency for a moment. You’ve probably worked with a variety of companies in your career, and you know how important it is to keep up with the times. So, when it comes to marketing, you want to stay ahead of the trends. That’s why you want to familiarize yourself with influencer marketing.
In case you’re wondering, influencer marketing simply refers to the practice of gaining brand awareness and increasing sales through the use of influential individuals (typically celebrities or well-known personalities) in an effort to grow a brand or product.
When used appropriately, influencer marketing can be a very effective tool in your marketing arsenal. However, if you want to be prepared for the upcoming trends, you need to understand how to implement influencer marketing into your plan. That’s what this article will help you with – to learn how to implement and measure the success of influencer marketing in your plan.
Why Should You Try Influencer Marketing?
In case you’re curious, here are a few well-established benefits of using influencer marketing:
- Attracts A Broad Audience – As noted by YouTube’s Senior Manager of Marketing, Shona Ghosh, “Influencers offer a way to connect with a very broad audience, which can then be narrowed down to a more targeted group once the content is consumed.” In other words, individuals who are interested in your product or service may see your product or service mentioned on an influencer’s Instagram account, and they may then be more inclined to learn more about you and your offerings.
- Leverages Social Proof – In today’s world, consumers often believe that whatever celebrity says about a product or service must be true. This is especially true when it comes to influencers. With celebrity endorsements, the theory goes, people will assume that what the celebrity says about your product or service is also true. In other words, your product or service may gain credibility because it is being promoted by a prominent individual.
- Increases Conversion Rates – According to HubSpot’s Senior Manager of Marketing, Andrej Salek, infomercials and endorsements from famous people often lead to an increase in conversion rates or lead generation. In other words, individuals who see a famous person speaking highly of your product or service may be more inclined to try your product or service because they think it’s connected to something famous.
- Builds Trust – If you’re looking for a way to gain credibility with your audience, particularly online, then you may want to consider using influencers. Your audience may already have some sense of trust in you or your company because you are a known entity. However, if you want to gain more trust with your audience, then you may want to consider using influencers.
- Improves SEO – When a search engine sees that your content is being shared across various social platforms, it may then decide to rank your content higher in its search results. This is because the search engine believes that your content will be useful to its users. As a result, your content will get more exposure and more people may discover it. In other words, sharing your content with influencers may help improve your SEO.
- Different Kinds Of Content – While you should certainly focus on creating informative content that will educate your audience about your product or service, you may also want to consider creating entertaining content for your audience on social media. If done right, this can be a very effective tool in gaining trust and credibility with your audience.
- Boosts Word Of Mouth Marketing – Since everybody is on social media, you may want to consider using it as a platform to practice word of mouth marketing. Simply put, you may want to practice engaging your audience on social media by responding to their questions and comments. Doing this regularly can not only help educate your audience, but it can also lead to some interesting conversation.
- Helps Drive Traffic To Your Site – Since everybody is on social media, you may want to consider using it as a way to gain more traffic to your site. After all, everybody on social media is also a potential customer. If you can gain their attention and interest with your content, then you can more easily convince them to visit your site and make a purchase.
How Can You Use Influencer Marketing To Promote Your Product/Service?
In case you’re wondering, here are a few ways you can use influencer marketing to promote your product or service:
- Product Launches – You can use an influencer to help launch your product or service. Simply put, you may want to consider using an influencer to help with product demos, answer questions, or simply to provide an introduction to your product or service. This can be a great way to gain credibility with your audience because they will have some sense of connection to the celebrity.
- Customer Service – If you’re looking for a way to build trust with your audience, particularly on social media, then you may want to consider using an influencer to provide customer service. Simply put, you may want to consider using an influencer to respond to questions from your audience. This could be something as simple as “thank you for your interest in our product. We hope that we can provide further assistance.”
- Content Curators – If you’re looking for a way to gain trust and credibility with your audience, then you may want to consider using a content curator. A content curator is typically an expert in a certain subject matter who has agreed to review and promote products or services related to their area of expertise. That’s typically the simple version, but it’s important to understand the differences between a content curator and a regular social media influencer. While a content curator usually has an area of expertise related to their product or service, a social media influencer is someone who typically has no real expertise in the product or service they are promoting. Instead, they simply have a large audience that is interested in their opinions on the subject matter.
- Community Leaders – If you’re looking for a way to gain trust and credibility with your audience, then you may want to consider using an influencer who is also a member of a local community to help lead an initiative. For example, if you’re a hair stylist who is also a member of a hair stylist’s association, then you may want to consider using your position in the community to help lead a charity event or a food drive for a local children’s hospital. By doing this, you can help bring your product or service to the attention of more people, particularly in your local community.
- Ambassadors – If you’re looking for a way to gain trust and credibility with your audience, then you may want to consider using an influencer who is also an ambassador. An ambassador is typically an individual who represents a company or brand on various platforms, such as social media. As a result, they can help educate your audience about opportunities related to the brand or company they are representing. Simply put, if you’re looking for a way to become an “ambassador” for a brand or company, then you may want to consider using an influencer who is already an ambassador for your brand or company.
As you can see, there are a variety of ways you can use influencers to promote your product or service. As previously mentioned, while these individuals may have no expertise in your product or service, they often have a large audience who is interested in their opinions on the subject matter. This means, if done correctly, influencer marketing can be a very effective tool in your arsenal when it comes to marketing your product or service.
The Differences Between Influencer Marketing And Traditional Marketing
Before we move on, it’s important to note the differences between traditional marketing and influencer marketing. First, understand that while both marketing strategies can be effective, they are not exactly the same. Simply put, while both may work to gain brand awareness and increase sales, they work somewhat differently. As a result, knowing how to properly use one strategy, but avoiding the other, can be beneficial.