If you’re looking to grow your email list and turn those subscribers into sales-ready buyers, then you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll teach you exactly how to do that using a combination of software and tactics.
The Importance Of Building A List
The importance of building a list cannot be overstated. It may seem obvious, but until you actually start building it, you won’t understand the full power of an email list. Here are some impressive stats to prove it:
- According to HubSpot Blogs research, on average, 66% of respondents said they would not subscribe to a brand or product if they had not previously subscribed to that brand or product.
- 37% of Gen Z and 18% of millennials would not subscribe to a brand or product if they had not previously been exposed to that brand or product.
- 62% of adult consumers in the US have a list of email addresses of companies they have been exposed to.
- 52% of Americans have changed their mind about a product or service after learning about it from a brand through email marketing.
- E-commerce marketers spend about 4% of their time on marketing emails (i.e. sales and marketing blend), yet they generate 20% of their revenue from these emails.
What does this all mean for you? It means you need to build a strong email list in order to succeed as an email marketer. Luckily, it’s extremely easy to do with Unbounce. Later on in this post, we’ll teach you how to do just that.
Create An Email List In no Time With Unbounce
If you’re looking to build a strong email list in no time, then Unbounce is your answer. Whether you are a business owner, a marketer, or just someone who wants to get in on the action, Unbounce makes it easy to create email lists for any niche or subject matter. Let’s take a quick look at how to get started with Unbounce.
First, you’ll need a Gmail account. You should have one of these already if you’re reading this article, but if you’re looking to start a business or are just getting into email marketing, then you can use this free trial to get set up.
After you have your Gmail account set up, you’ll be brought to the dashboard. From here, you can configure different types of lists that Unbounce has to offer. Let’s take a quick look at each one.
General Email List
For those of you who just want to create a basic email list to save for later use, then the general email list is the one for you. This is a good place to start if you’re new to email marketing or just want to build out a list of email addresses to send promotional messages to in the future. Your general email list will be a good place to start for this.
To create a general email list, click on the “Create a List” button in the top right corner of the dashboard. You’ll then be brought to the list creation page where you can enter a name for the list (it must be unique) and select the group(s) of people you want to send the email to. Once you’ve entered the information, click on “Create List” to confirm your list creation.
VIP Email List
If you’re looking to target a small group of people who are significantly more valuable than the general population, then you might want to consider creating a VIP email list. This list will be made up of people who have shown interest in your product or service by subscribing to your newsletter, visiting your blog, or taking some other action that put them in a special category. For example, maybe you’re an e-commerce company that does a lot of business with people who live in Europe, so you’ve decided to focus your list building efforts on people in that region. You might want to consider putting together a list of high-value customers who live in Germany, Austria, or Italy.
To create a VIP email list, click on the “Create a List” button in the top right corner of the dashboard. You’ll then be brought to the list creation page where you can enter a name for the list (it must be unique) and select the group(s) of people you want to send the email to. Once you’ve entered the information, click on “Create List” to confirm your list creation.
Active Email List
An active email list is one where you’ve actually gotten in touch with individuals on the list. This is different than just having an email address; you can actually interact with the person who had that email address in the past. For example, you could send out an email on behalf of a brand that offers a special discount to people on your active email list. Or, you could send people an email containing an important link to follow or opt-in to receive more email from you.
To create an active email list, click on the “Create a List” button in the top right corner of the dashboard. You’ll then be brought to the list creation page where you can enter a name for the list (it must be unique) and select the group(s) of people you want to send the email to. Once you’ve entered the information, click on “Create List” to confirm your list creation.
There are various reasons why we chose Unbounce over other similar services, but here are some of the main ones:
- Unbounce is incredibly easy to use and is designed for beginners who want to get started quickly.
- The free version is extremely flexible and allows you to create email lists quickly and easily.
- Unbounce has a very generous bandwidth allowance so you don’t have to worry about running into limitations due to traffic.
- Unbounce has one of the largest email template libraries so you can find the perfect email design for your needs.
- Unbounce has an active community of users who are extremely helpful and willing to lend a hand if you have questions.
If you’re looking for a simple and low-cost way to get started with email marketing, then Unbounce is the best choice available. Plus, with the right training and some initiative, you can be confident that you’re accomplishing your goals and can achieve amazing results.