AWeber is one of the most popular email marketing platforms currently available, and for good reason. It offers a high degree of flexibility while still retaining some of the features that even the most novice users may find indispensable. In order to get started with AWeber, you will need to create a free account.
Creating A Free Account
As the name implies, AWeber is a free service, but like many free services, it comes with some restrictions. The good news is, you will find a list of those restrictions below, so you can decide which ones you are willing to follow.
You may want to consider creating a free account with AWeber if you want to:
- Find out what is new with your favorite brands
- Get emails when new products are released
- Get the latest news and updates sent directly to your email.
- Stay in touch with friends and family
- Check the email easily from your phone
- Be sure to revisit important emails from time to time
Step one: Create a user profile
If you have more than one email address, you can create a user profile (also known as a “business profile”) with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your job title
- Your company name
- Your phone number
- An email address (this will be your login to the platform)
- A personal website or blog article link
- How do you want to be contacted? (Choose whether you want to receive marketing emails or not.)
This information will help you find the right email marketing software that suits your needs. You can find more information about creating a user profile, including how to change your contact information, in the AWeber guide to creating a business email account.
Step two: Get Email Confirmation
Once you have created your profile, you will receive an email from AWeber confirming your email address. It is highly recommended that you confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email. Doing so will help you avoid any potential email address discrepancies in the future.
Step three: Set up your emails
The next step is to set up your emails. You can do this by going to your “Accounts” page and then selecting the “Email” option at the top. From there, you can choose between two types of emails: regular and transactional.
The former is generally used for marketing purposes and includes a wide variety of email templates that you can choose from. The latter is used for sending out receipts, confirming orders, and other similar emails that you might get from a service like Shopify or Squarespace. You will find all the necessary information in the email that is sent to you after you select it.
Step four: Set up automated emails
You can also set up automated emails that will be sent to customers and subscribers via email if you qualify for this level of service. To do this, go to your “Accounts” page and then select the “Automated Emails” option at the top. You will see a list of all the marketing emails, such as welcome emails, that you have previously sent to customers. From there, you can choose when each email should be sent and how often you want to send them. You can also set a daily digest email that will be sent at a time convenient for the reader. This email will contain a combination of the previous list of marketing emails and other useful tidbits of information.
Step five: Start building your list
Nowadays, the success of any business or brand depends largely on the size of their email list. It is highly recommended that you start building your list as soon as possible. You can do this by entering your email address in the subscription box at the top of your “Accounts” page. AWeber will then send you weekly or monthly emails that contain helpful tips and information about getting started. You may also see occasional offers for discounts or freebies if you qualify.
Step six: Use the AWeber mobile app
Another important tip is to make sure that you download the AWeber mobile app. This app makes it easy for customers to find and connect with you via email even when they are offline. This is a critical feature for any email marketing software, but it is especially beneficial for businesses that depend on word of mouth marketing, or “Omnicoming,” as it is sometimes called. When a customer is using the app and finds that you are offline, they will have the option of either leaving you a voice message or sending you an email. You can then listen to the message or reply via email from there.
Step seven: Set up email marketing on your Shopify store
If you run a store on Shopify, you may want to consider using their Email Marketing service. With this service, you can set up email marketing easily and to a high degree of flexibility. You can also set up automated emails, have them sent at a time convenient for customers, and track engagement and conversion rates accurately. Most importantly, you can send out an email at any time, even when customers are not physically on your store’s page.
Email marketing on Shopify is a great option for any business that wants to keep up with the times. Not only does it make it easy to stay in touch with customers, it also makes it easy for customers to get in touch with you, even if they are not on your store’s initial page.
Step eight: Measure the results of your email marketing
Last but not least, we want to discuss how important it is to measure the results of your email marketing efforts. Without solid metrics to back up your claims, it’s almost impossible to say with any degree of certainty that email marketing is effective or not. However, there are a few key indicators that you can use to determine the success of your email marketing strategy:
- Engagement rates: This refers to the percentage of contacts that you have engaged with through your email marketing. This could be the percentage of people who have opened your emails or the percentage of people who have clicked a link within your email.
- Conversion rates: This refers to the percentage of people who have either made a purchase or taken some other action, such as filling out a form or subscribing to a newsletter, after engaging with your email.
- Demographics: AWeber allows you to target specific groups of people based on demographics, such as gender, age, location, and education. It is also possible, though not recommended, to target specific groups based on interests, such as food sensitivities, travel preferences, or hobby levels.
- Income: You can target customers based on their income levels, and AWeber makes it easy to find the right balance between reaching potential customers and not sending messages to those who cannot afford your products or services.
- Luxury brands: Sometimes it’s difficult to find customers who are willing to pay extra for your products. With AWeber, you can choose to limit your audience to only those who can afford your products or services.
- Social media engagement: If you are active on social media, you can measure the effectiveness of your email marketing by checking your social media accounts for mentions of your brand. When a user mentions your brand name or product on social media, it is generally considered to be a sign of success for your email marketing campaign.
- Website traffic: You can also measure the success of your email marketing by looking at how many people are visiting your website or social media pages due to online or offline marketing efforts, including articles, reviews, videos, and social media posts.
So, as you can see, there are several different ways that you can use AWeber to reach your audience. If you are looking for a single tool to take care of all your customer communication needs, you should definitely consider AWeber.