Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to engage with your audience, but it’s also one of the most time-consuming activities. Keeping up with all the new tools and techniques can be challenging, and it’s easy to forget the fundamental rule of email marketing – – you need to have subscribers in order to win.
While it’s always great to have a large audience, if you’re looking for marketing success, you need to focus on acquiring subscribers, rather than just sending out marketing emails.
So how can you ensure you have enough subscribers to make your efforts worthwhile? One way is to consider using a service to handle your bulk email marketing. With these services, you can create emails and send them out quickly and easily, without having to worry about any technicalities. Of course, there are disadvantages to using these platforms as well, so it’s important to consider the pros and the cons before you make your decision.
Some of the upsides to using a bulk email marketing service are:
- Cutting through the clutter – No one wants to get bogged down in unwanted emails, right? These services make it easy to manage multiple email lists, so you can avoid getting cluttered up with irrelevant messages – you’ll only receive emails that are relevant to your target audience.
- Email templates designed to convert – These companies have experienced email marketers who have designed a series of email templates that can help you get the most out of your campaign. Whether you’re sending out a series of discount offers, or just want to remind your audience that you’re available for business opportunities, these templates can help get the job done.
- Scalable – Some of these services offer a free tier, which gives you enough room to experiment with email marketing. As your audience and list grows, so do you. You can easily upgrade to a paid account should you discover that you’re able to generate more than enough interest to justify the cost.
- Features galore – Some services offer all the basics needed to create and send out an email campaign, with advanced features that take more time to figure out but allow you to do more. If you’re worried about running out of ideas for subject lines or want to spice up your emails with some fancy typography or a little bit of design, you can look into these features and see what they have to offer.
There are a number of disadvantages to using a bulk email marketing service, which you should consider before you make your decision:
- Performance issues – This is certainly a downside when it comes to cloud-based email marketing services. When your server is overwhelmed by the amount of emails being sent out, it ultimately slows down the sending process and causes you to miss out on potential conversions. To avoid this, ensure that your host has the resources to handle your traffic, and test the sending of email campaigns occasionally.
- Sending limits – Some services place restrictions on the number of emails you can send every day. For example, you may be limited to only three or four emails per day, which can become annoying if you want to send out a lot of promotional material.
- Email deliverability – Another disadvantage of using a bulk email marketing service is that sometimes emails fail to be delivered, as they bounce back or get flagged as spam. So, you might lose some potential subscribers. Having an automated email delivery process is helpful in avoiding this issue.
- Marketing to the wrong audience – Perhaps the biggest disadvantage of using a bulk email marketing platform is that you have no idea who you’re sending your emails to. The service will give you the email list, but you’ll have to figure out the demographics and psychographics of your customers. This is where using a tool like HubSpot, which can pull in data from your other marketing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.), becomes extremely valuable. You can pinpoint exactly who you’re reaching with your marketing efforts and make changes as needed.
Even though there are a lot of benefits to using a bulk email marketing service, it’s still not a be-all end-all solution. Ultimately, it’s you, the marketer, who is going to have to put in the work to make sure that your emails get opened and that your subscribers are actively engaging with your content. To ensure that you’re not wasting your time and effort, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my target audience exist on this email list?
- Am I sending out the right message to the right audience?
- Have I tested different types of emails (e.g. short and long form, images, video, etc.) to see which ones generate the best responses?
- Am I using the right language (e.g. colloquial vs. formal, slang vs. traditional spelling, etc.) in my subject lines and content?
- Did I set the right pace (e.g. too much text vs. images vs. videos)
- Is my call-to-action (e.g. sign up, download, buy) relevant to my target audience?
By answering these questions, you’ll be able to craft the best possible strategy for engaging with your audience via email. Additionally, you can use a tool like HubSpot to automate many of the tasks associated with email marketing, so that you can focus on what’s most important to you – – growing your business.
We hope this article has helped you gain a better understanding of what is entailed in a successful bulk email campaign. By answering a few key questions, you can determine if this is the right platform for you, your business, and your marketing goals. Good luck!