Email marketing is an amazing tool that every business owner or marketer should be using, whether or not they’re experienced in digital marketing. The capability to shoot and send out personalized emails to a large audience is extremely valuable, and the tools to do this effectively are many and varied.
Just because you’re not a professional marketer doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be taking advantage of this resource. Anyone can write an email marketing campaign with little effort, and just as anyone can use social media to promote their business, email marketing is open to all. This article will teach you how much you should be charging to write an email marketing campaign for your business, including tips on where to send them, what to write about, and how many times to email them.
The main takeaway from this article is that there is no set price for email marketing. You should be asking yourself how much you want to charge for this service, and once you know that, you can decide how many emails you need to send to reach your audience.
Email marketing is a valuable tool that can help any business – even those without a huge budget – communicate with and learn from their customers. Just because you don’t have a large marketing budget doesn’t mean that you can’t afford to invest in a quality email marketing platform, such as HubSpot, and create a strategy for collecting and analyzing feedback from customers via email.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the process of sending out promotional emails to existing or potential customers. The emails could be about anything – new products, special offers, notifications about upcoming events – but they usually have something to do with the products and/or services that the business offers. This form of marketing often uses tactics like SEO, PPC, and content marketing to generate leads and make sales.
The great thing about email marketing is that it’s very flexible. You can use every emailing platform, software, and service that you can think of, given that you have a computer, smartphone, or other device with internet access. You don’t need to have a specific piece of software to send out email campaigns. In addition, you don’t need to be a professional marketer to write effective emails. With a little bit of research and practice, anyone can create an email that will resonate with their audience and lead to sales.
That being said, not all email marketing is created equal. There are many different approaches that you can take to make sure that your emails are effective and drive results. A few of the more popular ones are:
- Personalized – People love getting messages that are personalized for them, so ensure that your emails are personalized by using their name or some other form of direct interaction with them.
- Scalable – Your email list should be able to grow with your business, so make sure that your platform has the capability to allow you to scale your content creation and distribution as your business grows.
- Robust – Robust email marketing platforms should allow you to create and send emails easily and quickly without any glitches or errors.
- Secure – All sensitive customer information should be kept secure, so be sure that your platform is taking all appropriate measures to ensure that your customers’ information is protected.
How Much Should You Charge To Write An Email Marketing Campaign?
It’s important to understand that there is no set price for email marketing. Just because you’re not a professional marketer doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be taking advantage of this valuable tool, but rather that you should be understanding how much you want to charge for this service. You should look at what others in your industry are charging and how much they are achieving in order to determine how much you should be charging.
You don’t need to be limited by what others are charging, but rather by your own opinion of how much this service is worth to your business. You should look at the above list of tips for effective email marketing and consider how much you will need in order to implement this strategy successfully. Once you have that number, you can decide how much you should be charging for this service.
Where Should You Send Your Email Marketing Campaigns?
The first thing you need to do in order to write an effective email marketing campaign is to determine where your target audience is most likely to be found. If you don’t have a large list of subscribers or social media followers, you may want to consider some of the below locations:
- Directory Submissions – When someone clicks on a link in your email or on a social media post that is connected to an email, the recipient opens up a page in their web browser that looks like an email, but it’s actually a website that you’ve submitted to a directory.
- Federated Social Media – If you have a business page on several social media platforms, you may want to consider using the platform called a “federator” to connect the various platforms and allow access to all of your target audience.
- Shortened URLs – If someone shares a link to one of your marketing emails on social media, chances are they weren’t aware that it was a marketing email and thought it was something else entirely. Giving them the option to click on a short link instead of a long one saves you from having to write an email that is longer than 140 characters.
- Wake Up Email – Sometimes just a recap of the day’s news won’t suffice; you may want to send a short email at 6 a.m. to get your employees or customers excited about their day and get them productive. You can do this by checking off the items from your to-do list for the day and then thanking your audience for being there for you.
What Should You Write About In Your Email Marketing Campaign?
People love receiving content from brands that they’re already familiar with, so ensure that your emails contain something relevant to your target audience. If you don’t have a huge budget, you may not be able to create an elaborate content schedule, but you should still be trying to engage with your audience through relevant and valuable content.
If you want to write an email that will get opened and read, you need to ensure that your emails contain interesting and relevant content. This means that you shouldn’t be writing about topics that your audience is not interested in or will not find valuable. If you want to write a successful email marketing campaign, ensure that your emails contain an element of value that your audience will find beneficial.
You should look at what others in your industry are doing and steal ideas for your own content. If you want to write an email that will be effective, make sure that you’re not doing the same thing as everyone else in your industry.
How Many Times Should You Email Your Audience?
The frequency with which you email your audience is entirely up to you. You don’t need to email your customers every week, but you also don’t need to write one epic email and call it a day. It depends on your business and how you want to engage with your audience.
If you want to engage with audiences on a frequent basis, you can always opt for more frequent emails. However, if you want to grow and prosper as a business, you should be establishing and following up with longer-term relationships with your audience.
You should write one email, call it a day, and move on to the next one. Do not overwhelm your audience with too much information; they will lose interest quickly. Keep your emails short and sweet, and you’re sure to see great results from your efforts with email marketing.
When Should You Send Your Email Marketing Campaign?
The best time to send an email marketing campaign is when your target audience is most likely to be receptive to the message. You should consider sending emails at times that they’d find valuable, such as when they’re checking their email or social media accounts, or when they’re most likely to read your emails.
In addition to the above locations, you can consider some of the below dates and times to send your emails: