In this blog post, you will learn the do’s and don’ts of creating an email template that will help you market your travel agency effectively.
1. Customise with Your Business Name and Logo
To set the mood for your prospective customers, you can incorporate your business’ name and logo into the email template. Try out these ideas:
- Company name and logo – In the subject line, you can write ‘Dear Valued Customer,’ to create a formal tone.
- Signature style – Include some of your signature style in the opening line of the email, to give it a personal touch. For example, you could write ‘Sincerest greetings’
- Favoured destinations – Include places that you think your customers will enjoy travelling to. You can also add in some destinations that you think will be popular.
- Promotional deals – If you have special offers or discounts that are only available to certain customers, you can include these promotional deals in the email.
- Destination guides – If you are promoting a travel itinerary with a travel guide or concierge service, you can include these details in your email.
- Inclusions & Exclusions – These are details about what is and isn’t included in your package. Ensure that these details are included in your email.
- Financial terms – If you charge money for your services, then you should include the pricing details in your email.
- In the body of the email – The body of the email is where you’re going to write the bulk of the content. You can start by including a short outline of your services, followed by a statement about how much you’ll charge. You can write about your unique selling point’s, which will make your prospective customers wish to buy your service. You can also write about your promotional deals and discounts that you have to offer.
2. Focus on User Friendliness
An effective travel agency email marketing campaign will be the one that is the easiest for future customers to navigate. Create a sense of ease by using a helpful flow of words that make it easy for the reader to understand what the email is about. When you design an email template, ensure that all of the elements are aligned, and that there isn’t any confusion about what the message is trying to convey. You should also test the layout of your template, to ensure that it looks the same as you designed it. With your name and logo incorporated into the design, you can be sure that you’re portraying the correct image to your customers.
3. Keep It Short
In general, long emails have become something of a personal annoyance to customers, who have become desensitised to getting yet another email pitch.
When someone signs up for your email list, they have already shown an interest in your product or service. The last thing that you want to do is cause them additional stress, by inundating them with yet another pitch. Short emails sound more like regular emails, and they won’t seem out of place in someone’s inbox.
With a travel agency, you’re bound to have a mass audience of people who are interested in your product. As such, keeping the emails short and sweet will maximise the effectiveness of your marketing campaign.
4. Keep To The Point
People are busy. We all are, all the time. This is why the world of email marketing is often mocked as ‘email spam’. To ensure that your email gets noticed, you need to keep the message concise.
When you write an email, start with a short and sweet pitch. You can include a short outline of your services, followed by a statement about the special offers and discounts that you have to offer. Write in a way that is easy to understand, and don’t use jargon. If you write in a way that is easy to understand, you are much more likely to get your email read, and you are also more likely to make a sale.
If you’re worried that your customers won’t read your email because it’s too long, you can always include a brief overview of the topic, followed by a longer exposition in the body of the email. But even then, keep it concise.
5. Offer Technical Support
While we’re always interested in expanding our knowledge, sometimes we need a little help from our friends. If your email list is made up of busy people who travel a lot, then offering them technical support might be a good idea. After all, you’ll be providing them with assistance that they might need, while also marketing your product.
You can write up a few handy tips or tricks that you think will make it easier for your customers to use your product or service. If you’re worried that someone else is going to help them and you’ll miss out on some business, you can always suggest some helpful tips in the hope that they’ll be of use to someone.
6. Use H1-H6 Tags
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is used to format pages on the internet. The code that you input into your html file determines how the page will appear. To ensure that your email gets recognised as such, you can use the H1-H6 tags. These tags will help search engines like Google classify your content accurately.
For example, if you use the H1 tag, it will be treated as headings and bolded, whereas, the H2 tag will make it smaller text and italicised.
7. Include Visuals
The internet has changed our lives, in a way that few industries could ever have imagined. In the same way that the web made information easily accessible, we can use the same functionality to access images. Your customers might not always wish to read lengthy emails, especially in the middle of a hectic day. To ensure that they get the information that they want, you can include images in your emails.
If possible, include both still images and videos. A picture is worth a thousand words, after all.
Combining text, images, and video in a single email will make it much more interesting to future customers. They can get a flavour of what the email is about, before deciding whether or not to click on the link to continue reading.
Marketing through email is a tried and tested method of communicating with potential customers. Using the tips and tricks discussed above, you can design an email template that will help your travel agency stand out from the crowd.
The key is to find a way of standing out from the crowd, by implementing a few of the marketing techniques that we’ve discussed above. Your email marketing will become much more effective, if you keep the above tips in mind. And when you do, you’re sure to see a rise in your conversion rates, as new customers find you easily.