Creating and executing a memorable email marketing campaign can be a challenge. You want to make sure that your message is conveyed effectively and that your emails are stand out among your competitors. But, how do you do this when you don’t have a lot of money to spend? You use best practices and you make do with what you have. To help with this, we have compiled a list of some of the most effective email marketing campaigns from around the world and rolled them into one. So, here you can see the culmination of years of hard work and innovation. We’ll call this the “Perfect Platform”. Let’s take a look.
The Perfect Platform
When you run a business today, you need to be thinking about the customer all the time. This is especially true for B2B companies, where the customer is often a company or individual. For marketers, this can be a tricky balance between growing your business and keeping the customers you have. When you’re starting out, it’s easy to become so absorbed in growing your business that you forget about your customers. However, this is the type of attitude that will kill your business. First and foremost, your customers should be at the center of everything you do. It’s critical to maintaining a healthy business – growth should be organic and come from a place of caring. This is easier said than done, though, especially when you’re coming from a small business with limited resources. If you want to be able to effectively market to your customers, you need to find ways to cut through the clutter and get the attention of those who are most likely to buy your products or services. This is where email marketing comes in.
Email marketing is a type of advertising that is highly targeted and specific to a particular group of people. Rather than broadcasting your message to the masses, you send it to people who are most likely to be interested in what you have to say. This makes the process much more effective and, in turn, profitable. When used correctly, email marketing is a powerful tool, capable of driving sales and generating leads.
- Direct Mail – Using something as simple as a mailer shape and sending it out via a mail service like DMA or MailChimp. Simply fill out a short form to get started, or better yet, ask people to subscribe to your email list. With all the forms that people have to fill out nowadays, it’s easy for them to leave a relevant email address.
- Social Media – Having a presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter can give you the opportunity to connect with potential customers, potential partner companies, and most importantly, your current customers, and let them know what you’re up to. Regular social media posting is key to maintaining a solid connection with your audience and showing them that you’re actively listening. Remember, effective digital marketing is about building a relationship with your audience and engaging with them on a personal level.
- Online Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)– Using keywords, meta tags, and the right content to have your website and products show up when potential customers search for your products or services on search engine platforms like Google.
How To Properly Use Email Marketing To Grow Your Business
Like many other forms of advertising, email marketing is most effective when used appropriately. To get the best results from your efforts, you need to follow a few simple guidelines. First, make sure that you have a good list of interested parties. There are several tactics you can use to acquire email addresses, such as;
- Sign-Up Forms – Giving people the opportunity to sign up for your email list is one of the simplest and most effective methods of acquiring new subscribers. You can use a service like FormButton to create a sign-up form, which can be embedded in a blog post or website. On the form, you can include a few key details about your business, such as the name, website, and maybe a logo, and some relevant, high-quality content, to draw people in. Once someone fills out the form, you can email them a simple welcome message, or send them to a short, automated email course. With a little bit of educational material along with a generous supply of relevant links, you can significantly boost your income by teaching people how to fix their own problems. This is usually where the sales pitch comes in – you’re trying to convince them that you have the product or service they need, but you can also provide them with the information they need to make a more informed decision. You’ll find that the closer you are to the end goal – making a sale – the more focused and determined you’ll need to be in your approach.
- Product Samples – Giving people the chance to try out your product, service, or both, is one of the best ways to generate sales. The key is to make sure that the samples you provide are high-quality and relevant to your target audience. In many cases, people will not judge a book by its cover – they’ll read your copy to find out what you’re offering. So, while you might think that a free ebook will encourage people to try your product or service, in reality, they may be turned off by the thought of someone trying to sell them something. Therefore, an effective sample strategy requires research and consideration of your target audience’s needs and wants. In the example below, Ben Franklin’s Essential Oils are offering a free sample of their hand sanitiser for readers of this blog post. The product is suitable for people with sensitive skin and those who use gloves frequently.
- Customer Loyalty Programs (CLP) – One of the biggest problems that small businesses face is retaining existing customers, and attracting new ones. A Customer Loyalty Program (CLP) is a strategy that was specifically designed to help businesses of all sizes grow and build their customer base. Through a loyalty scheme, you can reward people for their past patronage. You might give them a token, of sorts, for every purchase they make. The tokens can then be redeemed for discounts, or even for free products or services. However, the key is to find a way to give your customers more value than what they’re paying for. When used correctly, this can turn some insignificant customers into valuable, long-term retainers. This form of marketing can be effective for several reasons – it ties in with a person’s personal values, it encourages people to be more mindful about their purchases, and it provides customers with some type of reward for their loyalty.
- Webinars – A webinar is an interactive live presentation that can be accessed via a phone or tablet. A webinar can be used to educate people about your products and services, as well as, provide them with demonstrations of how to use your products or services. These presentations can be delivered from anywhere in the world – all you need is a reliable Internet connection and a microphone.
- Video Marketing – Video marketing is all the rage right now. This type of advertising uses videos to promote a product or service. There are many platforms like YouTube that can be used to create and upload videos, as well as, gain a following. Having a video does two things – it encourages people to engage with your content, and it provides them with a quick, high-quality sample of your product or service. Essentially, people love to learn new things, and the interactive nature of video makes it a perfect fit for the online world.
Top Examples Of Email Marketing Campaigns
The following are 10 of the most effective email marketing campaigns we’ve seen. While there are several approaches these companies can take, including, combining elements of several strategies listed here, the key is to focus on the basics – build a list, send out regular emails, and measure the results.
1. American Apparel – Let’s Start With The Beginnings
The brand American Apparel first established itself in the 90s and has grown exponentially since then. Today, American Apparel sells a variety of fashionable clothing and accessories for women and children and even offers plus-size clothing. What used to be a retailer is now a lifestyle brand, changing the way people feel about buying clothes. For those wanting to learn more about American Apparel and their history, the brand’s website is a good place to start. If you’re looking to use email marketing to acquire new customers, this brand is a good choice as they have a fairly straightforward, yet eye-catching email campaign.
The idea behind American Apparel’s email marketing campaign is to educate their audience about the brand’s existence and how to buy their products securely and effectively. More info can be found on their website – americanapparel.com.