For those of you who are still using AWeber, it is time to upgrade. While the initial version was extremely simple, AWeber has shifted to a more robust platform that is slowly but surely taking over the market share. And, as a result, it is time to say goodbye to the old and hello to the new.
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you’re still using AWeber and haven’t yet taken the time to migrate to another email marketing tool. But what is AWeber and why should you upgrade to a different tool? Let’s take a quick look.
What Is AWeber?
AWeber is an email marketing tool created by the folks at HubSpot. Essentially, it is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool that specializes in email marketing. So rather than having to build out your whole sales process and nurture your leads all by hand, AWeber makes it easy to follow along and get results without all the hassles of doing so manually.
According to HubSpot’s website, AWeber was initially launched in 2010 and was one of the first SaaS (Software As A Service) companies to provide email marketing as a service.
Why Should You Switch To Another Email Marketing Platform?
While AWeber has become quite popular, it is still considerably outnumbered by the other major players in the market. And with good reason as well:
- It was initially released in 2010 and has been around for the majority of the time since then. So it has been proven to work and has established itself as the tool of choice for some time.
- It is incredibly cheap compared to the other major players in the market.
- It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up.
- In addition to email marketing, it also provides you with an entire CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform. So if you’re already using HubSpot for your business, it’s a no-brainer to invest in AWeber as well.
The fact that AWeber is still around means that it is definitely doing something right. But it is also a clear indicator that there is room for growth and that the competition is still quite high. So if you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for all your email marketing needs, it is quite possibly the best tool for the job. But if efficiency is what you’re looking for, it may be better to invest in a tool that is a little more focused on one area, such as lead generation, brand awareness, or customer engagement.
What Features Does AWeber Offer?
AWeber offers a lot of incredible features and functions that allow you to get your job done efficiently without too many hiccups. Here is a short list of some of the more popular features:
- Unsubscribes Letting customers opt-out of your email campaign is a great way to maintain quality without losing too many potential customers. AWeber makes unsubscribing extremely simple and efficient by allowing you to do so with one click directly from the email.
- Scheduling You can set up email campaigns in advance with the click of a button and get notifications when new members sign up or when people unsubscribe so you never miss a beat.
- Advanced Filtering You can set multiple criteria for your leads, such as gender, location, or age. Just enter the criteria to the left of the word “Campaign” in the dashboard and click Apply filter to activate the filters. When you’re ready to hit send, click Save Draft and your email campaign will be sent to the members who fit the criteria you set forth.
- Content Personalization Tailor the email content to the members based on their interests, history, or location. You can even add a custom image to your emails to make them more unique and engaging.
- Geotargeting Want to send an email to someone in California? You can with AWeber. Just remember to set your preferred state in your settings to receive local news and discounts in your inbox.
- Single-Click Replies Thanks to single-click replies, replying to a customer is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Batch Replies If you’re sending multiple emails with the same content, you can either set up a batch of replies or have them all sent at once with minimal effort. The email will then be marked as “Read” once it is retrieved by the recipient’s email client.
- Marketing Automation Marketing Automaton is the process of creating automated tasks and sequences of activity designed to generate more qualified leads and grow your business.
- Lead Scoring You can score your leads based on criteria you set forth in advance to determine the likelihood of them becoming a paying customer. The more you score, the better your chances of converting that lead into a paying customer.
- Conversion Tracking Keep track of the activities that lead up to a sale and which methods were used to generate that business. You can then modify your approach to increase your sales.
- Inventory Tracking Track the stages of a product from the initial idea all the way through to completion. This feature allows you to see at a glance the status of all your in-demand products.
- Tax Reporting Quickly and easily file your taxes online with the click of a button thanks to TurboTax integration with Xero. (Not a free tool)
These are just a few of the features that make AWeber a valuable tool for business owners and marketers. Not only does it provide you with an outlet for your email campaigns, it also gives you the ability to track the performance of each individual campaign. You can see the results of each email and modify your strategy based on what worked and what did not.
How Is The Customer Support For AWeber?
As an SaaS company, it is inevitable that things will occasionally go wrong. While most SaaS companies offer fantastic support via email, live chat, and ticketing, AWeber takes it one step further by offering a toll-free number you can call.
The fact that AWeber provides such outstanding customer support even though it is still quite affordable is a testament to the power of their platform and the quality of their employees. But if you’re still on the fence about whether or not to make the investment, simply call the number listed on their website and ask them about the 24-hour support they provide for free.
The Bottom Line
While AWeber is a great tool and has been around for a while, it is still considerably outnumbered by the other major players in the industry. If efficiency and results are your top priorities, it may be best to look elsewhere. If you’re looking for a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool that specializes in email marketing, however, it is quite possibly the best tool for the job. With AWeber, you will be able to easily set up email campaigns, manage them from a single interface, and track the results of each campaign. As appealing as it may be to save time and effort, there are certainly other email marketing tools out there that specialize in making your life easier – even if it means paying a little more for their services.